



So I bought these pocket hanging thingies at the dollar spot at Target about a month and a half ago. I had the perfect idea the minute I saw them. I made them into the best chore charts my kids have ever had. The reason I didn't post this right away is because I didn't want to make the same mistake twice- You see the first Chore chart I posted on this blog was a complete bust! I wanted to test this particular idea before I advertised it. The first chore chart was all about being pretty and Livia couldn't even open the containers and she lost interest pretty much right away. I think I was more into how it would look hanging on the wall than how practical it would be for a three and four year old to handle. I will be saving that chore chart for when they get a little older and can mark off their chores themselves with it (Livia always needed my help with that tricky one) I have found that nothing is more gratifying for a child than to complete a task and mark it off for themselves. I think that is why these chore charts have been so successful. It doesn't look that esthetically pleasing but it's functionality can not be argued with. I made stars that Velcro onto where the chore is for them to place at the completion of a task. At night before bedtime I award them a mommy buck for every three chores completed (we don't get to every chore-every day) We then put all of the stars back in their envelopes for the next day. The pictures are just clip art I found on the Internet so they can understand what each chore is. I then bring out the mommy store (my suitcase with prizes) at the end of each month after a family night and they can buy their prize. Let's just say that we have completed the first month and this system rocks the house! I think it will make the school year run just as smoothly as the last month of summer!

11 comments:
This is an AWESOME idea! I just told my husband last night that I needed to come up with a chore chart idea. I wonder if they still have these pockets at Target or already clearanced them out...I'll have to go check! Thanks for sharing!
What a great idea!
I need to get with the program on the chore chart... Abbie keeps telling me that miss Livia has one....Maybe I will copy the idea, they are so cute!!
I love it! You have some great ideas. I had to make the hair-bow frame for my babycakes and I love it! Thanks for your inspiration!
Amber, I love it! I might have to copy.
so it is working? are the chores getting done? i can't wait until my kids can clean the bathroom and do the dishes. mmmuuuahahhah.
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.
That is a great system.
I was just thinking today that I needed to get on the internet and figure out how to make a chore chart for my kids. I love your idea and I can't wait to try it! Thanks for your great inspiration!
Another questions, what do you mommy bucks look like? I'm wondering how to make them.
THANK YOU for posting this. I'm going to start one of these RIGHT NOW! I know it will help my 5 yr old keep her room clean-and keep me sane!! :)
Your chore chart inspired mine! I linked to you in my post. Thanks for the inspiration!
Cami
Post a Comment