For Tate's birthday this year we focused on his electronic love affair and went all out robot style. It was a success down to the very last computer chip. Here our some pictures of our party favors and activities. My personal favorite was the "build-a-bot" activity. The kiddos were able to build their very own robot head with magnetic nut and bolts and other robotic looking facial features (it was like a robot Mr. Potato Head) we also played pin the sprocket on the robot and had a robot dance lesson from the birthday boy. All of my ideas came from Family Fun and the cake was made with a whole bunch of help from my friend Morgan (click here for her cake site) We made a cd filled with robot music for each guest. I realized quickly that I might have gotten caught up in impressing the mothers of the kids more than the actual party guests (5 year olds). They really could care less about robot labels and fondant icing- ha! It is just how I roll- I know Tate loved his party and that made it all worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Amber that was an adorable party!!! So cute and unique! I love it!!!!
Well, you impressed me that's for sure. Super cutie party, I love it.
I'm sorry, I am your blog stalker.
What did you use for the nose and ears on the buckets? I am SOOOO taking this idea for my lil man's1st bday next year (definatly linking the blogs!)
The nose and ears on the bucket are some wooden shapes I found in bags at michaels. I just had the kids paint them with metalic paint (it was a great way to make them feel like they were part of the party prep- they always want to help) and then I glued everything on magnets. Family fun has these on their website and they look a little different. I got the buckets at the target dollar spot.
That is the cutest birthday party ever!! I will definitely have to steal that idea for Trent's first birthday. =)
oh my Amber that was such a cute idea. I especially loved the "robot oil". You are so creative. Such a cute party!
Post a Comment