


What you need:- A placemat (I always buy the ones that are on major sale and stock up -this particular one was at Dollar Tree)
- Ribbon
- Material scraps or 1/4 yard
- Sewing machine
- iron
Please remember that I usually make things up as I go and I encourage you to do the same. I am just not a detail oriented seamstress!
- Iron placemat
- Cut a ribbon the length of your placemat and sew it on towards the bottom
- to make a pocket cut a square of material (depending on the size you want) iron folded edges all the way around. sew a seam on one side and then pin pocket to place mat and sew pocket onto the apron around the sides and bottom. If you want a ribbon on your pocket, sew it on before you put it on the placemat.
- I put a box pleat ruffle on the bottom of this apron- to do this I simply ironed some folded material in pleats and pinned them then I sewed across the top and then sewed it onto the place mat.
- To make the apron ties I measured out wide strips of fabric (this length depends completely on how big you want your bow to be) I folded the strip inside out and made a seam. Then I pulled them right side out, ironed them flat and sewed them onto the placemat.
The picture of the finished product is hilarious! It is what you get when a four year old is your photographer! Have fun with this one- make something whimsical that you would never get away with in your normal outfits. These make great gifts!

1 comment:
I love it. I've been cooking alot lately and really need an apron. Got some extra napkins. I think I will make this. I'm also going to make a medical book for my little one. I got the idea from parenting magazine but I thought it would be cute to "cutsie" it up. Hope it turns out nice. I'll post it on my blog if it does.
Post a Comment