Thursday, May 15, 2008

in greater detail








The last time I made these adorable burp cloths I failed to list exactly the way I made them. I had a couple of e-mails regarding this overlook so I decided to show it in more detail for those of you who are interested.


What you need:




  • cloth diapers (Wal-mart, Target.....)


  • Ribbon


  • Material scraps (I like to buy the fat quarters for these)


  • Sewing machine


  • iron


  • Stitch witchery




What you do:




  • First you need to cut your ribbon and material to where you have 14'' strips. The thickness is up to you.


  • follow the directions on the Stitch Witchery package and place ribbon and material into place on the diaper.


  • I always iron everything including the ribbon and diaper before the previous step.


  • now simply sew them into place and trim off any excess.


  • you can put them onto both ends- I usually just do one side.




I made these for Bethany who is having her first little girl after two boys. It was fun to make something girlie for her to enjoy.



5 comments:

diane lott said...

When Bethany unwrappped these burp clothes I was joking with her that you need to blog them, but you already have! Your blog look great, I love all the wonderful things you have posted. You are the most amazing person I know!

Di

Niki McDowell said...

I love this blog. My friend Shelley Cook knows you and told us how amazing and creative you are. I've been wanting to know how to make those burp clothes, so cute.

Bethany said...

I am the happy and lucky recipient of these great burp clothes! They are so stylish, I love them. Thanks for thinking of me and taking the time to make something so pretty for me and my little one! The shoes and outfit are wonderful as well.

Amber said...

Sorry I didn't get to make your shower! Chad had Hospital visits and was gone until 9:30- I was so sad...............

Phares said...

Simply adorable! I do have a question though! As a beginner "seamstress" I am not familiar with stitch witchery! What is it's purpose? Is it necessary? I love your blog and get great inspriations! I am new to blogging myself and I could definately use your expertise!