Sunday, March 2, 2008

My hats- My sanity!





In high school I wanted to Knit some hats as Christmas presents for my friends. I bought all of the yarn and sat down to have a lesson from my mom- I stunk at it!!!!! I made every loop so stinking tight and it took me forever to make something that resembled a pot holder fit for someone the size of Thumbilina! I am telling you this story only because if I can knit hats- so can anyone- thanks to the Knifty Knitter! I am really enjoying making these hats for all of the little kids I know. I especially love the ones for little girls because I get to add a pretty ribbon. I am bringing some to a local Children's boutique next week to sell. I showed a picture to the owner and she thought they were great. The best part about knitting is while you are doing this activity it is almost completely impossible to worry or fret over things in your life- it is a huge escape for worry warts like myself. Lately at night I have been watching my DVDs of Little House on the Prairie (don't make fun of me the next time you see me) and knitting- I must say I go to bed without a care. Everyone should try this form of therapy!

No comments: